Thursday, November 04, 2004

The joke's on them

My wife has a story about a stupid joke (all her jokes are stupid) and told at her grandfather's house, which is in the middle of nowhere. Several years later someone she knew told her that joke. Unfortunately I can't remember the joke to share with the world, but the point is that things that you say and do have an eerie way of sticking around.

I've been online for a relatively long time, first using Bulletin Board Systems (remember BBS's?) and then on the World Wide Web since the early 90s. I built several web sites using various free (advertising-supported) services such as GeoCities and Tripod. And then I left them. I changed jobs a few times, moved several times, and some joke websites that I had built as a hobby and for fun were about the last thing on my mind.

Just out of curiousity, I googled myself today, using both my real name and my usual username. Along with a lot of the usual suspects I found that LetsFixOurSchools.com had linked to a page of one of my old websites.

Yes, our "number one place to start looking for answers to your questions about education, college, university, degree and student loan information" with "a vast collection of college resources, education resources, university resources, college degree resources, online degree resources and student loan resources" has decided that MY guide to the University of Kentucky is "what you need."


P.S. If I can remember the joke my wife made up, someday I will post it!

No comments: